October 3, 2011

Welcome


G'day!








Located in the southern hemisphere and surrounded by large bodies of water such as Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean; Australia comprises of 6 states and two territories that includes the Australian Capital Territory with Canberra as the nation's capital. This territory is established within the state of New South Wales.

Australia is the world's smallest continent and officially known as the Commonwealth of Australia. To date with the continuous influx of migrants, this country which is home to its original inhabitants, the Australian Aborigines, is now becoming a highly multicultural country. Its main language is English.

I, for one, came from the Orient in a continent called Asia. I lived here 23 years. And I love this country so much.

For more comprehensive information, I would encourage you to Google some beautiful, insightful and interesting facts about this unique country found in the south referred to as the "unknown land of the south" (terra australis incognita.)

This homepage will feature Sydney, the largest city of this country, capital city of New South Wales, the Premier or First State.

Over-all, this blog is all about Australian Postcards to showcase to you my adopted country, Australia.

Postcard Sydney